Lent 2018 Devotional: Day Thirty-Six

"After Jesus had said this, he departed and hid from them." --John 12:36

Have you ever had points along your faith journey where it feels like Jesus is hiding from you? I have. There might be a long period where I feel this powerful connection, like I am open and things are coming together holistically in all parts of my life, Spirit, mind, body...and then it gets muddy. I feel like that voice is just unclear. Or when I sense it, all I can get from it is, "Wait."

In these times, I like to think that Jesus is preparing me for the next thing. Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is waiting on God--not in a passive sense, where I abandon my responsibilities to God, self, and neighbor. But continuing to go along doing what I know, trusting that a new way is opening that has not yet been revealed.

When have you felt like you've had to wait to hear from God? Was there a breakthrough point afterward, when that connection opened up again? If not, what are you praying in the meantime?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advent 2019: Day Seven

Advent 2019, Day Three: What If the Annunciation Were Trans? (Part Two)